A SIMPLE PRESIDENT!


Here's an extract from CNN's Inside Africa, Anchor Femi Oke is interviewing Nigerian's President, Umaru Musa Yar'adua during the recently concluded UN Summit held in New York.
OKE: How did that feel, to stand in front of the United Nations as president of Nigeria?
YAR'ADUA: I felt a burden of responsibility representing my country before the assemblage of world body, where issues of global concern, indeed concerning and impacting at times on the lives of all Nigerians are decided.
OKE: If you review the week, what are the achievements you feel you achieved this week?
YAR'ADUA: What do we have achieved? What I feel I have achieved, really, is sending a message of hope and confidence, you know, to the international community about Nigeria. And through my bilaterals and meetings with investors and various nations that are interested in investment, you know, I have managed to convince and win the hearts of investors. And in fact, I have managed a few agreements (inaudible).
OKE: How do you raise your profile so people know you as president of Nigeria and know your style? How do you raise that profile?
YAR'ADUA: OK, by interacting with people, you know, meet with them. Reaching out, explaining, you know, my vision for my country and my vision for the role Nigeria is to play.
OKE: Tell me five things about you, Mr. President, that the world does not know.
YAR'ADUA: I am (inaudible). I am simple. A servant leader. I am committed to the development of humanity, and I love my country.
Ehhhhhhhhh....I can see why Donald Duke was not allowed to contest during the elections. He clearly was an unfit candidate.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...oh no he didn't! Dayuum, what a shame.

Unknown said...

I just couldn't understand jack sh*i!

Emilia Asim - Ita said...

Great work, Bobo!

Loved it...

Anonymous said...

Wow. No comment.

Unknown said...

S.I.M.P.L.E is an understatement!

Godwin said...

I am sad. Really sad... but oh my God i feel the urge to laugh and roll on the floor! ok, now seriously, what was he saying?